Enthusiastic, creative, proficient and professional location sound mixer and boom operator; a motivated, unique and diverse composer; and a creative and technical sound designer, seeking a position in the sound department of your film, documentary, television, or commercial production. A team player, with a productive attitude, a great ear for film, high-quality gear, and high-end results!
Berklee College of Music
Bachelor's Degree in Film Music and Audio Production, December 2007
- Background in music, film, and game industries.
- 22 years of guitar and performance experience.
- 16 years of composition and songwriting experience.
- 12 years of recording and studio production experience, and very proficient in music production studio management.
- 7 years of film and television audio experience, both on location and in post-production.
- Former Head of Post-Production at Founders City Films production company in Austin, TX.
- Worked on over twenty feature film production sets as a location sound mixer/boom operator.
- Owner of professional, high-quality location sound recording equipment.
- Full access to a professionally-equipped recording studio and owner of a mixing and production studio.
- Proficient with all facets of location sound recording equipment and accessory parts.
- Experienced in film audio post-production, including dialogue editing, ADR, foley and ambience recording and implementation, as well as final soundtrack mixing and mastering in both stereo and 5.1 surround sound.
- Composed score for six feature films as well as dozens of shorts and commercials.
- Composed and independently released 6 full length solo albums, and 17 full length collaborative projects.
- Hundreds of gigs in over 17 years of live stage performance.
- Able to work completely remotely for composing and sound design projects using secure internet file transfer.
- Experienced in MIDI sequencing and digital audio processing.
- Leadership roles on many production projects and experienced team player.
Gain staging; leveling and mixing while booming; identifying ideal microphone placement per camera, lighting, shadow, reflection and subject position; communicating with camera crew, determining frame lines, and planning routes when camera and subjects are in motion; comfortably working with cast for wireless lavalier microphone setups; recording pristine dialogue tracks; avoiding boom shadows, reflections and camera edges; walking carefully, with safety and quietness in mind; being attentive to extraneous sounds; collecting all potentially useful foley; and recording needed wild dialogue lines, ambience, and room tone on set.
Studio Production Software
Composes on staff using Sibelius 7 notation software. Apple Logic Pro X for recording, arranging, post-production, sound design and mixing music. Adobe Audition for audio editing. Izotope RX 4 for audio repair. Izotope Ozone 6 and Waves Master Collection for mastering. Propellerhead Reason 6 for synthesizers and drum machines. Professional, high quality sample libraries, including East West/Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra, Native Instruments Komplete 8, Kontakt 5 and Guitar Rig 4, and Spectrasonics Omnisphere. Also comfortable on Avid Pro Tools 10, Cakewalk Sonar 8.5, Steinberg Cubase 5, Nuendo 4, Cuckos Reaper 3, and Sony Sound Forge Pro 10.
Audio Post-Production Software
Apple Logic Pro X for dialogue editing, ADR, studio recording, and mixing. Adobe Audition and Izotope Ozone 6 for audio editing and mastering. Izotope RX 4 and Waves Complete for audio repair. Propellerhead Reason 6 for sound design. Sound Devices Wave Agent software for meta-data and conversions.
Location sound mixer, boom operator, dialogue editor, foley artist, sound designer, composer, music producer, recording engineer, DIT, video editor, and apprentice colorist.
Film audio production, film scoring, game audio production, orchestration, advanced music theory, classical guitar, concert trumpet, and ear training.
Acoustic and electric guitar, electric bass, drum set, piano and keyboards, synthesizers, glockenspiel, vibraphone, non-pitched percussion, trumpet, and voice.
Music Genre Knowledge
Cinematic, symphonic, electronic, ambient, world, jazz, blues, rock, pop, drama, horror, thriller, action, adventure, and comedy.
Photo/Video Production Software
Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom for photo editing and time-lapse processing. Adobe Premiere Pro CC2014 for video editing and DIT organization and assembly. Adobe After Effects for post-processing. SpeedGrade for color correction and color grading. Red Giant Plural Eyes 3 for dialogue syncing and audio placement. MPEG Streamclip and Adobe Media Encoder for video transcoding. Also comfortable on Adobe Muse and InDesign, DaVinci Resolve, Apple Final Cut Pro 7 and X, and Aperture.
FMOD, Macromedia Flash, Lua Scripting Language, Pipmak Game Engine, Java Script, and HTML.
- ASCAP Member, Certified Writer and Publisher.
- Member of Taxi and Film Music Network.
- Film Scoring and Orchestration student of film composer/orchestrator Ben Newhouse.
- Composed, produced, performed on, and published over 15 full-length stand-alone albums.
- Performed live and was interviewed on Sirius Radio, Hurricane Radio, and Northeastern University Radio.
- Won 1st place out of 100 acts in the Worcester Palladium Battle of the Bands in 2003.
Available upon request.